Can you forgive me for being gone for so long? I hope so.
A whole lot of things have happened in the last two-and-a-half years. It would take too long to go through all of it now, so I'll touch on various things as I get back into blogging. For now, here's a highlight of what has been going on:
On the dark side:
- My marriage came very close to ending
- My health spiraled downward
- Five Acre Farm suffered the brunt of our marital problems and my health problems
- My mother died, and part of me died with her
On the bright side:
- My marriage survived and was restored
- I'm getting better
- We still have the farm, our dreams, and each other
- My husband's son and his wife had their fifth child, a boy
- My Dad moved in with us after my mother died, and we love having him here
- With too many dogs already, I got a puppy for Christmas, and she is medicine to my soul
- I've been learning how to make a better blog, and I'm hoping to make this a great one
I hope I can win you back. I hope I can find new readers. I want to share so much, and I'm going to do my best to nurture this blog as though it were my child, or at least, a house plant.
Bless you all!
Michelle and John
Valentine's Day 2010
It still took another year to restore our marriage completely, but it's a much stronger marriage now.