Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life, for which the first was made: Our times are in His hand Who saith "A whole I planned, Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!" - From "Rabbi Ben Ezra" by Robert Browning

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dinnertime: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast


I was out running errands until late afternoon, so I didn't have time for a long, slow simmering sauce made from scratch. I threw together a pound of ground beef, diced onions, diced rainbow peppers, a can of mushrooms (I know, but my father prefers these to fresh), A can of garlic and herb sauce, and a can of diced tomatoes. The diced tomatoes add a fresh tomato taste to the sauce. A loaf of French bread, sliced, and loaded with minced garlic and butter. A sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce, and, voila!,  ready to eat deliciousness!

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Garlic Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment