Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life, for which the first was made: Our times are in His hand Who saith "A whole I planned, Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!" - From "Rabbi Ben Ezra" by Robert Browning

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Potato Sandwich


Remember a couple of weeks ago when my sister was coming to visit? I decided to serve Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Sandwiches because she and my dad love bacon so much. I didn't get the chance to post pictures, but we're having BLT's again today, and this time... I'VE GOT PICTURES!

The basic layout for this sandwich is, of course, bacon, lettuce, and tomato on white bread with mayonnaise. Toasting is optional.

To kick this sandwich up a notch (thank you for that concept, Emeril) you add a large, thin slice of onion at the bottom of the sandwich, underneath the bacon.

But here's something else to consider when building your BLT...

Add french fries!

Have you ever had a French Fry Sandwich? Just a pile of french fries on bread with mayonnaise, and the condiments of your choice. Yuuum!

Once or twice a year I crave a French Fry Sandwich. I think it's a Southern thing. If, by chance, I can't get my hands on french fries, I choose a corrupted version made with potato chips, but the crumbled chips are always falling out!

Well, about a week ago I was eating a French Fry Sandwich (We use curly fries, and I like mine just with mayonnaise.), and my husband asked me how it was. I said, "Great! But it would be better with bacon!" So I knew the next time we had BLTs I was going to add french fries!

So today I had a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, & Potato Sandwich, and it was fantastic! But guess what. I was so excited about putting the bacon and potatoes together, I forgot to put onion on anybody's BLT, including mine!


Next time, if I remember the onion, I'll bet my Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, & Potato Sandwich will be over the Moon!


Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, & Potato Sandwich

Ingredients:

4 strips bacon (cooked to desired crispiness)
1 thick slice of a large tomato
shredded lettuce
1-2 thin slices of onion
mayonnaise
2 slices of white bread (toasting is optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Spread plenty of mayonnaise on two slices of bread.
Put french fries (regular or curly fries, or fried potatoes) on bottom slice of bread.
Add the onion.
Add the bacon.
Add the tomato.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the lettuce.
Add second slice of bread.

Serve with additional fries and/or several slices of bread and butter pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment