Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life, for which the first was made: Our times are in His hand Who saith "A whole I planned, Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!" - From "Rabbi Ben Ezra" by Robert Browning

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Time To Go To The Fair

 While I was in North Carolina, the Walton County Fair came to town! John couldn't wait for me to come home so he could take me to the fair, and I haven't been to a fair in more years than I can remember, so I thought this was a great idea. Saturday was beautiful! Sunny but not hot, with a cool breeze. It was perfect Fair weather.

There was all the standard Fair food: Hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, cotton candy, candied apples, and that all time favorite, funnel cake! Lemonade, sodas, and Sno Cones! I had a sno cone, and John ate the funnel cake!

There were great rides that John and I are both too big and too old to ride!There was The Whip, The Octopus, Tea Cups, The Moon Ride, the Kiddie Train, and a whole bunch I can't remember the names of! Oh, and there were Bumper Cars! I always loved bumper cars. They're my favorite!

And games! There was the standard Fish Toss and win a goldfish. Remember that one? There was Duck Race, John played "Shark Attack" (catch 3 sharks and win a prize) and won me a little brown bear! Then we played a water target game and I won a stuffed dog! I was really happy that we won a couple of things. I was very happy that they weren't super-huge. As I told John, I wouldn't know what to do with a six-foot banana or a life-sized Spiderman!

Overall, we had a great time! I wish we'd had some children with us. That always makes a fair more fun! But there were lots of children there, and we had a good time watching them have a great time!
 
































No comments:

Post a Comment